Monday, May 28, 2012

TEN Blessed Years With My Honey

A decade....wow, I CANNOT believe David and I have been married that long.  It is crazy to think we met in college, got married right out of college, endured medical/PA school, residency, and fellowship and now with one toddler and a baby on the way I could not be more blessed!  It's funny how anniversary celebrations change once you have kids....in the past we have always spent a weekend in San Antonio but haven't done that since being pregnant with Bella.  This year my family all got together at my parents for Memorial Day in Conroe so David enlisted my parents to be babysitters for the night.


David has always been so good at surprising me and making things really special....and thus our evening began.  We got in the car and headed to none other than College Station...the town we met and got engaged in.  David's plan was to replay our entire engagement evening.  Our first stop was at Christopher's...an amazing restaurant with food on the menu I can't even pronounce but just as good as 10 years ago!  Next we were off to the Texas A&M campus. On campus there are a few traditional spots where couples typically get engaged so David, being the jokester, took me to all of them the night we got engaged but presented me with other gag gifts until I finally got my ring at our final stop which is where we had our very first date-the Memorial Student Center.  So for our anniversary we rewalked our steps.  First we went to the systems building and I was presented with a Browning t-shirt (a hunting t-shirt for all you non-texans!).
Next we were off to the century tree where I got a big fat ring pop!
Our final stop was the student center where David had arranged to have flower petals, candles, and music playing (just like 10 years ago). He read the same passage of scripture from Genesis about God providing a help mate for man and he even gave me a new diamond ring!!!!  It was as special as the first time around and I am truly blessed to have a partner in life who fills my days with laughter and love.  Here's to the next 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment