Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas 2011-Ruidoso, NM

Being the low man on the totem pole meant David had to take call over Christmas this year...boo!  My whole family was headed to Ruidoso, NM to see my grandmother so David sent Bella and I off as well.  We were there four days and had such a great time.  I think Bella's favorite part was the airplane ride there and back.  She loved going fast during take off, thought it was the coolest thing that they gave her pretzels and a drink, and even cried when we landed because she wanted "more airplane"....luckily we had a connecting flight!!
My parents rented a cabin where we all stayed and it had just snowed before we got there so it was a perfect white Christmas.  Christmas day my mom was nice enough to babysit so I could go skiing.  I hadn't been in years and since I am so out of shape a half day of skiing was enough for me...but I really did enjoy it.  The next day we went to a neat little town called Cloudcroft where we walked the shops.  And the last day we took the kids sledding.  I know I have a fellow theme park junkie on my hands because each time Bella and I went down a hill she was giggling and would then say "do it again"!  It was nice seeing Aunts, Uncles, and cousins I hadn't seen in awhile and we really had a very blessed Christmas.

View From the cabin

Opening presents.  Bella was thrilled about her "pinow" and "blankwee"!
 

My sledding bunny!



No comments:

Post a Comment