I am 2 months behind on blogging....yikes. I keep telling David Bella is changing on what seems to be a weekly basis and I am doing a horrible job of documenting it all. My excuse is our big move from California back to Texas.
The week after our Alaskan cruise we were scheduled to move back. Unlike our move to California, our move back home included packers and movers...huge thumbs up! Besides spending a lot of time getting our apartment in perfect move out condition, having movers allowed us time to enjoy our last few days in Cali. My sweet girl friends threw me a little goodbye party and Bella and I spent endless hours enjoying the last of our park days.
We arrived in Austin July 16th and walk out of the airport and the first thing Bella says is "hot"! Man, is it HOT! I miss wearing jeans and a light jacket every day! We stayed with David's mom in Austin until our stuff arrived and then we moved into our townhouse in our new home town of Belton. Our place is brand new and really nice but Belton is a much smaller town than I have ever lived in so I have been having a hard time adjusting. The closest mall is 40 minutes away and there is just not a lot for me to do with Bella (the park is obviously way too hot). I have been looking for a Gymboree or something but they don't even have that. I have found a mother's bible study I will do on Tuesdays so at least I am meeting a few people.
David starts work September 6th...it has been so nice having him home to help us get settled. We have actually spent a lot of time down in Conroe at my parents house (it always feels like a vacation down there and Bella loves it). Once he starts work I will be without a car until mid October (my car is on order-so excited!) so I might just go stir crazy!!
Anyway, onto the little cutie-patootie! She is now 20 months old and talking like a two year old. I had a girls reunion with my old Houston bible study 2 weeks ago and in the two days I was away from her I felt like she learned how to talk in paragraphs! When we first arrived in TX she was having a hard time transitioning (or maybe she just sensed my stress)-sleeping was off, she would scream in any confined space (high-chair, car seat, etc)-but has since been doing awesome. Probably didn't help that she just got four canines! Pardon me if the following is boring but my baby book stops at a year so really this blog is for my memory sake. Here are a few of my favorite things she says:
-Onjen (orange. She used to say ono)
-Boobies (blueberries-although she just started to say it correctly now)
-Golgies (goldfish-she says this one correctly now too)
-Keputch (ketchup)
-Knuckles (she wants you to give her knuckles and 'blow it up'!)
-Betty (how she refers to herself! She can't say her "L's"!!)
-I getchoo (I'm gonna get you)
-blesh you Betty (she blesses herself every time she sneezes or coughs!)
-Mmmmm, tastes good. Like it. More bite (she says it with ANYTHING David and I are eating!)
-Betty turn, K? (she likes to tell me it is her turn but then politely asks 'ok?'!)
-member zebra round n round. Lady token. Listen bell. (we went to the Woodlands mall where they have a carousel so now Bella daily asks me if I remember that she rode the zebra that went round and round. And that we had to give the lady our token and listen for the bell for the ride to start. Like I said, the kid is talking in paragraphs!)
-No nite nite. Later. (any time she even thinks I might be getting ready to put her down for a nap she starts negotiating!)
-5 minutes (if I tell her we have to go soon she will put up her hand and give me the 5 minute warning!)
-1,2,3 crash (she loves to stand on the bed and then count to three and fall down). She can count to 15 and then skips to 20.
-she is a singing machine. She can sing her ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Old McDonald, Wheels on the bus, This Little Light of Mine, Bingo, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Yankee Doodle.
-She can tell you her name is Betty Clark (we have got to work on those L's!) and that she is one and a half. Although half the time she tells you she's 18!
-She is starting to use her pronouns appropriately-I, me, you, him, her. And really understands boy and girl/lady and man.
Such a happy girl
We ran into a Hello Kitty at the mall. Bella LOVES big characters so I am trying to convince David we need to go to Disney again!!
Playing house
She can unlock and play all the games on my phone and would do so all day if I let her...yikes!
Trying on hats at Academy
Her first Popsicle (mommy was on her girl's weekend!)
The forever famous zebra!
Loving time with Grandpa!
When she first learned Yankee Doodle
Able to sing all her ABC's and soooo proud of herself!

No comments:
Post a Comment