Friday, March 12, 2010

To the Rodeo We Will Go (and other cute pics!)

Houston is well known for it's annual rodeo every spring.  We have gone almost every year for the 7 years we have lived here and I really wanted to go this year since we are moving to California in just 3 1/2 months.  It just didn't seem to work out-all our weekends in March were quickly booked up and I never know what time David is going to get home during the week so we decided not to get tickets.  Well.......David was at an ENT conference and as part of their evening activities the program had reserved a box at the rodeo....and there were extra tickets!!!!!  So we had two $125 tickets for free :)   I was so excited to get to go one last time and to get to take Bella.  So we threw on some jeans and were off!

Bella did AWESOME-she just looked around and seemed intrigued by all the loud noise.  We packed her bedtime bottle which daddy gave her and then as you can see she passed out!
So, I have always loved the rodeo (although I do kind of feel sorry for the animals) but this new event tops anything I have ever seen....it's called Mutton Bustin'....oh my gosh, only in Texas....you wouldn't believe this but it is 4 and 5 year old kids, who basically bear hug the back of a sheep and then they are let loose to see how long they can hold on for dear life!!! Are you kidding me?!!!! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry for these kids but they LOVE it....they of course all fall off and get up smiling.  The picture is blurry but that is a 4 year old gripping his sheep!!!!
The entertainment for the night was Brad Paisley who put on a very good show.
Since I had these new pictures I thought I would throw them in-Bella at 11 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. oh how fun! I love going to the rodeo too...we haven't been this year....reminds me that we need to hurry and get with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to go. I wish we could have seen you there. I really can't believe you are moving that soon, where does time go???

    ReplyDelete